Atranz was set up in 2001 and is based in Oxford. All Atranz translations are carried out personally by Andrew Smith; no work is passed on to sub-contractors
About Andrew Smith
- English mother tongue.
- Bachelor Degree in German/French and Masters Degree in European Studies from British universities. Holder of the Certified Diploma in Accounting and Finance awarded by the (British) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Member of the Institute of Linguists (IoL) and Associate Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI).
- 20 years' practical business management experience in industry (publishing/book trade, exhibitions sectors). Variety of roles in sales/marketing, financials, operations, export and, not least, 3 years at Managing Director level.
- Lived and worked in both UK and Germany. Travelled widely on business throughout Europe, Middle East and North America. Regular visitor to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Has provided professional translation services since 1998. Set up Atranz in 2001 in response to demand from clients for a full-time translation service.
- German to English translation
- Revision of existing documents
- Formatting of existing documents
- Glossaries / Terminology management
Types of Document
We can handle translation projects for many different types of document including financial statements, company reports, handbooks, manuals, user instructions, training material, business and private correspondence, catalogues, product brochures, newsletters, advertising, promotional material, PR, market research questionnaires, management reports, web pages and localised software files.